Lufthansa Airlines is also known as Deutsche Lufthansa but it has been shortened to Lufthansa. It is one of the largest Airlines in Germany and the second largest in Europe. It was established on 6 Jan 1953 and now it has many subsidiaries such as Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, etc. This airline consists of cabins such as First, Business, Premium and economy class. IF you are looking to fly somewhere Lufthansa Airlines is the best option.
Booking tickets for Lufthansa Airlines is super easy. However, with booking information, you should also know about cancellation steps. This article contains the information regarding cancellation so that you can get help for the cancellation if required. Just keep reading this article till the end.
Why ticket cancellation is required
No one wants to cancel the ticket but some time due to any reason you might need to cancel the ticket. While cancellation is very important, you should know how to cancel the ticket and what are the ways to cancel it.
Ways to cancel the tickets.
Tickets can be cancelled using the below methods:
1) Logging in to the Lufthansa Airlines website and cancelling it
2) Call customer care and ask them to cancel.
Lufthansa Airlines 24 Hrs Cancellation Policy
24 hrs cancellation policy is a feature from Airlines which helps to get the full refund if you cancel the ticket within 24 Hrs of booking. Nothing will be deducted from the ticket charges. In Case if your flight is delayed or you have planned not to travel you can use this feature.
If you cancel it after 24 Hrs then there will be some cancellation charges deducted by the airline.
Once you cancel the ticket within 24 hrs your complete amount will be refunded to the source account automatically. This policy applies to all ways (online cancellation, cancellation over the phone, and counter cancellation).
Also Read: KLM Airlines Ticket Cancellation
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
Lufthansa Airlines deduct some charges if you cancel the ticket after 24 Hrs and it also depends on the type of ticket. The cancellation fee may vary according to your destination. The passenger who purchased the tickets should know the cancellation procedures to cancel the tickets hassle-free. If you have purchased the non-refundable ticket and you are cancelling it even in 24 Hrs then it is also non-refundable. So it is very much important that while booking the ticket you need to check which type of ticket you are buying. If the ticket is cancelled by Airlines due to any reason then you can ask for the compensation and it will be transferred to your account in 20 business days.
What are the ways of Lufthansa Airlines ticket cancellation?
You cancel the tickets in 3 ways. Using these ways you cancel the tickets without any issues. The ways are:
- Cancel ticket online – This is the easiest way. Simply log in to the Airline’s website using your journey details and once it is entered you will see the ticket details showing with the cancellation option. Go ahead and cancel the ticket by clicking on Cancellation.
- Customer Helpline- If you are not able to use the airline website due to any reasons then you can also call the helpline number. You will be required to give them some details such as name, contact number, email id, ticket number etc and once they get the ticket details on the screen you can ask them to cancel it.
- Counter Cancellation – This is the last option which is rarely used. If you are not able to use any of the above methods then you can use this method. Just go to any nearest counter of Lufthansa Airlines and you can ask them to cancel it by showing your ticket.
A cancellation policy is a must have information for everyone which helps you to get your ticket cancelled easily. Although these steps are clearly mentioned so that you can understand them easily, still if you have any issues you can contact customer care or visit the website.